Kids & Adults can
Learn to Ride a Bicycle
in just 90 minutes!!!
Catonsville, MD -
Fear and anxiety are the most pervasive challenges that a beginner bicyclist has to confront. The question is: “Can they overcome their profound fear and learn to ride?”
Most beginners are able to overcome their fear and anxiety, while some others are paralyzed by these powerful emotions. The Easy Bike Lessons.com method uses advanced teaching techniques to instantly minimize student stress and anxiety while simultaneously building their confidence and basic beginner riding skills.
The EBL three stage method is perfect for nervous beginners of all ages because it occurs on a soft obstacle-free field of 100 yards. The grass surface provides a stress free learning environment that allows the student to focus on building his/her confidence and skills. After their basic skills are mastered on the soft surface, the student is introduced to riding their bike on pavement.
During the 90 minute lesson the student will learn how to ride their bicycle at the basic beginner level by practicing the skills of balancing, pedaling, steering and stopping.
Sequence of Instruction: Instruction time:
- Introduction to equipment 90 minutes
- Balancing and coasting
- Steering and riding with control
- Turning and changing direction
- Starting from a standstill position
- Basic Bicycle Safety
Materials Checklist for Your Lesson:
- Instruction Fee (cash, check, or money order)
- Safety Helmet
- Bicycle Wrench (to adjust the saddle)
- Camera (optional)
- Bottle of Water (optional)
- Practice Area
Students can use their own bicycle, helmet and wrench, or rent from us. Instruction fee is cash, check, or money order. Students younger than 18 years old must be chaperoned at all times by a parent/ legal guardian. Click on BIKE AND SAFETY EQUIPMENT tab above for details.
How to Book Your Lesson
Lessons are by appointment only (usually weekend mornings). During summer vacation, weekday lessons are available. If you still have questions click on the FAQs tab above and read the eight most frequently asked questions. If you are ready to book your lesson now, simply click on the REGISTER tab above.
Instructor Background• 30 years’ experience in bicycle instruction.
• Elementary School teacher.
• References available upon request.
Fee & Policy• The fee for the lesson is $120. Cash only.
• The program consists of one 90 minute lesson and two optional 60 minute enrichment lessons.
• Full payment of fee and signed liability waiver are due at the beginning of the lesson.
• Late arrival to class will be subtracted from the original start time.
• No call, no show is rude. Please call in advance of the lesson to cancel and reschedule.
• Enrichment lessons are free. Both enrichment lessons must be completed within 60 days of the original lesson. (See FAQs)
• Enrichment lesson requests cannot be scheduled to cover a late arrival to a lesson.
• Group lesson members are not individual students, and must schedule their enrichment lessons so that any group member can attend.
• The lesson may be canceled due to: adverse weather (i.e. rain); poor or unsafe field conditions; sports activity; student/ instructor illness; unsafe equipment; or other problems will result in a rescheduled instruction date. No cash refunds are available. Students who fail to attend the alternate date(s) will forfeit their fee.
• Instructors are prohibited from making any adjustments, or repairs to student bicycles, or safety equipment. Instructors are not allowed to place or remove the bicycle into or out from the student’s vehicle.